Workers’ Compensation And Your On-The-Job Injury
- Your employer’s workers’ compensation insurance carrier may ask you to see a doctor you have not chosen.
- The workers’ comp insurer and their chosen doctors may claim your condition is better than you know it is.
- The insurer may stop payments before you are ready to go back to work.
- Your employer may demote you in your absences while you are off work because of your injuries.
- Your employer or workers’ compensation insurer may claim your occupational disease did not originate in the workplace, whereas you know it did.
Whatever challenges you face as you attempt to recover workers’ compensation benefits for on-the-job injuries, we at Gieg and Jancula, LLC in Altoona have likely encountered and overcome those challenges in other clients’ cases. We advise and represent health care professionals, construction workers, truck drivers and railroad workers. There is no substitute for the experience and skills we have to offer injured workers. We are always on the alert for ways to maximize our clients’ compensation.
Was A Third Party Guilty Of Causing You To Be Hurt On The Job?
In addition to fighting for our clients’ right to full workers’ compensation benefits, we evaluate every case to determine whether there is a viable third-party liability claim. If another person or entity other than your employer was negligent, and you can demonstrate that negligence, you may be able to recover compensation through an injury claim or lawsuit. Any verdict or settlement coming through a third-party liability case will be over and above the workers’ compensation benefits you may receive.
If your injuries are serious enough that you will be unable to work for many months, you may qualify for Social Security Disability benefits. Contact our attorneys to discuss all your options for obtaining needed financial support after a serious accident.
Free Consultations For Pennsylvania Workers Injured In Workplace Accidents
To discuss your work injury with an experienced lawyer, contact Gieg and Jancula, LLC at 814-204-1274 or send an email message. Schedule a consultation at your convenience.