While avoiding motor vehicle accidents is everyone’s goal, they still occur with alarming frequency in the Altoona, PA, area. As such, purchasing a new auto requires more thought than it once did. Instead of choosing a vehicle because of its color or comfort features, it is wise to consider safety as well.
Whether they help you avoid motor vehicle accidents or protect you from injury if one occurs, choosing a safe automobile is always smart. According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS), here are some of the best and safest vehicles available on the market:
- Small cars: The IIHS singled out several vehicles in this category. They include the Honda Insight 4-door sedan; the Mazda 3 4-door hatchback; and the Subaru Crosstrek Hybrid 4-door wagon.
- Midsize cars: There were several winners in this category. They include the Nissan Maxima 4-door sedan; the Subaru Outback 4-door wagon; and the Mazda 6 4-door sedan.
- Large luxury cars: These large vehicles made the top of the list for their safety features: the Audi A6 4-door sedan; the Genesis G80 4-door sedan; and the Genesis G90 4-door sedan.
- Small SUVs: This category had only three top picks. They include the Subaru Forester 4-door SUV; the Mazda CX-5 4-door SUV; and the Mazda CX-3 4-door SUV.
- Midsize luxury SUVs: In this category, some of the winners include the Lexus NX 4-door SUV; the Cadillac XT6 4-door SUV; and the Mercedes-Benz GLE-Class 4-door SUV.
If you are in the market for a new automobile, it is a good idea to study the top safety picks and compare their features. Choosing the car or SUV that is right for your family might keep all of you safe from motor vehicle accidents.
When you cannot avoid a crash and you or your family suffer injuries, consider seeking legal guidance to help you secure the full amount of injury compensation you are due.